Amazon is looking for a leader to fill the position of Senior Manager, WW Planning for its global portfolio of device and accessories products. This worldwide planning role is central to the continued growth of the Amazon Devices division as it continues its fast paced growth and expansion from the first Kindle e-Reader to a broad portfolio of Fire Tablets, Fire TVs, and most recently, Echo.
The mission of our Worldwide Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate forecasts, inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure every customer is able to purchase the product they want, when and where they want it, while limiting Amazons risk and liability. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses optimization tools, advanced statistical models, machine learning algorithms and big data solutions. This aids us in providing the Device Leadership with detailed sales and operational plans that outlines the opportunities and risks that enables the end-to-end sales and supply chain teams to effectively execute the strategy for our customers.
As the Senior Manager, WW Planning, you own and manage the worldwide planning for specific categories of devices and accessories. This role will lead the generation of large scale and complex plans that are reviewed and approved by senior leaders and executives. It requires the ability to leverage a broad cross-functional organization of business teams and management partners.
Specifically, the Senior Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Drive systems, process and reporting automation with key internal and cross functional teams.
· Lead the integration of innovative solutions that facilitates the improvements in the way we manage our demand forecast and inventory strategies for all devices and accessories products.
· Ownership of our end-to-end planning processes and workflows to support our build and manufacturing investment decisions to our consumers, customer replenishment, and long term product development.
· Create and implement inventory targets and allocation strategies to maximize inventory placement, turns, sales, and customer experience.
· Execute, measure, and continuously improve key end-to-end supply chain performance indicators from build plan accuracy to customer on-time delivery.
· Define the technical roadmap for the systems working with Amazon’s worldwide retail network, integrating with Amazon’s own fulfillment network and 3rd party device retailers.