Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager
for our Training and Certification
team. Accomplished in working with customers and partners to identify needs, prioritizing work, and communicating both internally and externally, the Senior Product Manager
will help us drive the next generation of AWS learning technologies. This is an opportunity to drive innovation in a business that enables hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world to become expert cloud practitioners.
This role will be pivotal in expanding the reach of AWS training technology to address new opportunities and create innovative learning experiences that reach any student, anywhere, on any medium. You will bring your exceptional communication skills to bear with everyone from key stakeholders to the wider Amazon community. You will work alongside a very talented and driven engineering team, and with a global training and certification business team.
AWS presents a unique platform on which to change the face of corporate learning. You will be technical enough to see the opportunities presented by new architectures and services, while utilizing your experience to evaluate market need, determine product fit, and deliver the excellent results. Additionally, as a learning advocate, you will represent these innovations to executives, numerous Amazon training stakeholders, and the greater Amazon community.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:Be great fun to work with.
At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.Have a passion for written and spoken communications.
Capturing knowledge, making quality decisions, and communicating them to others is critical in this role. Excellent writing skills are a must, as is the ability to learn from–and influence–customers, partners, and executives.Have a strong understanding of learning content delivery opportunities.
The world of learning is changing rapidly, and AWS wants to utilize its platform to take advantage of new opportunities. You will understand the challenges and opportunities that this type of market presents to customers and partners, and you will look to identify and implement innovative solutions.Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive discussions with stakeholders and end users to determine product requirements
- The candidate must be a strong leader who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives while also being capable of interfacing with the technical community at varying levels
- Define product strategy and work with business and technical teams to define the training and certification infrastructure road map
- Drive market research and use of metrics to measure success
- With the help of the business and technical teams, prioritize requirements for engineering sprints
- Write documents required to communicate strategy and progress for AWS executives and stakeholders
- Create marketing messaging and other launch requirements and work with appropriate stakeholders to take platform to market.
- Represent the platform in public forums and on social media.