Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon’s research and development team. We are a team of doers that works passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics, automation and software to solve real-world challenges to transform the Amazon customer experiences.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support new developing technologies for Amazon Fulfillment Centers. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills and drive. As part of this highly visible team, candidates have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams within Amazon to contribute to the continuous innovation of the next generation Fulfillment System.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and troubleshoot all automated systems, robotics, electrical and mechanical services
• Assist in development of training plans for service technicians
• Assist in development of Preventive Maintenance programs
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials
• Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, and encoders
•Proficiency in PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
• Captures, documents, and interprets basic system processes, dependency, and problem resolution procedures.
• Document and/or requesting of change management activities using existing documentation
• Executes documented test plans.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
• Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
Physical Demands: (Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
• Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
• Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, low lit, unheated, not air-conditioned
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.) Operation Support & Customer Service:
• Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
• Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
• Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric