As a member of the HR Risk and Compliance team, the Program Manager will lead Amazon's staffing compliance initiatives in support of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs. The Program Manager will work closely with recruiting systems teams and also provide other compliance support for government contract compliance, affirmative action reporting, and related initiatives globally across Amazon businesses and subsidiaries. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead staffing compliance initiatives
- Partner with internal and external teams to ensure compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing applicant and employee records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure
- Define key metrics and conduct reporting and auditing to measure the effectiveness of controls
- Prepare data summary and statistical reports for senior leaders
- Assist with presentation of company responses to OFCCP and EEOC requests
- Provide training to recruiting, management, and HR staff on programs and policy
- Identify areas for improvement and take ownership of implementing changes
- Respond to questions from and troubleshoot program issues experienced by candidates, employees, managers, and HR
- Conduct on-site and virtual compliance audits, draft audit reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans
- Manage new compliance projects as needs arise in the US and globally
The ideal candidate is highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of recruiting processes is essential to perform the role successfully. Person must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, be comfortable working with large amounts of data, and possess the customer service focus that the world associates with and expects from Amazon.
Must be able to travel as necessary to provide training and audit support.