Amazon is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join the AWS Product BI team. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the AWS Product teams. As a BI engineer on this team, you will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output. Our team is serious about great design and redefining best practices with a cloud-based approach to scalability and automation. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Leverage strong data extraction skills and ETL tools to drive worldwide reporting deliverables
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis and data quality investigations.
- Implement training and documentation solutions that enable business stakeholders to get the most out of our self-serve reporting tools.
- Develop and support the analytical technologies that give our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data.
- Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards.