SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Amazon North America Customer Fulfillment
Our Senior Operations Managers play a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience; critical to Amazon’s success which is built on a foundation of customer obsession, and innovation. This position is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance strategy and execution. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operations of a functional area for one of our Fulfillment Centers including, people management and development, process, and meeting or exceeding the expectations and promise made to our customers. You will lead a dynamic team of Operations and Area Managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team; driving employee engagement, and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
As a senior leader you will oversee upwards of 1,000+ salaried and hourly employees, in a fast-paced, complex operations facility up to a million square feet.
Our Senior Operations Managers serve as the face of the organization to potentially thousands of employees and the community where the center is located. This position offers unlimited career potential as we continue to grow our global footprint. Strategic Responsibilities & Deliverables:
· Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including safety, financial and labor planning; as well as operational goals for outbound or inbound operations
· Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
· Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; works on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverages the Operations and Area Managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges in the building.
· Networks with other leaders across the network to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings.
· Establishes objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience
· Sets clear goals and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds leaders accountable
· Mentors and develops leaders and staff
· Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
· Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Maintenance Engineering, Safety, IT and other leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives