AWS Kinesis is looking for talented Sr. Systems Developer who have a passion for Big Data, distributed systems, and automation. Come join the team that is building a disruptive service for processing Big Data streams. Our globally distributed service must be able to process million records per second, and scale to handle over 50x that traffic. It is equally critical that our platform provide highly available, highly reliable processing of data in near-realtime. If you’re excited about building a distributed system capable of handling exabytes of data, this is your dream job.
The successful Sr. Systems Developer will be instrumental in building, operating, and scaling a massive near-realtime distributed system. We are looking for someone who is super smart, passionate about operational excellence at a large scale, and thrives on tackling new challenges.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you on board. AWS is changing the world, and this is a great opportunity this is a great opportunity to help launch a new platform and HAVE FUN!
You will be expected to deliver on these kinds of things in the first twelve months on the job:
- Participate in all phases of the development of a large distributed system: providing hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives
- Develop system management scripts/tools to automate operational tasks, and build operational services.
- Manage fleet inventory, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components.
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed.
- Troubleshoot, perform various system automation tasks (your hands get dirty here) and participate in on-call rotation.
- A passion for developing, and mentoring junior engineers.