Amazon is a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s accounting team is searching for accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, inter-company, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
Amazon seeks a high caliber Payment Accounting Analyst who will be responsible for payment and intercompany accounting process including month-end close, reconciliation and B/S review for Amazon’s Singapore location. This position will report to Amazon's APAC Hub Payment Accounting Senior Manager and will work closely with the global payment accounting and intercompany team, retail accounting team, statutory compliance team, treasury, and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders. In addition, the payment accounting and intercompany manager is a member of a project team which partners with new business launch project team and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of five years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Candidate experience should cover accounting & financial processes, accounting operation transition and project management. Demonstrated experience to keep on the standards for global consistency and accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Customer payment accounting and intercompany accounting operation including month-end close, reconciliation and B/S review.
- Working independently to lead the operational accounting transition with global payment accounting team and intercompany team.
- Executing all of the accounting activities and accounting controls correctly, including month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
- Identifying, articulating and communicating project and accounting operation risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
- Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.