It is an exciting time to be part of Amazon’s growing Finance Technology team. ERP systems, Business Intelligence, and other new Amazon designed FinTech systems are critical to the success of our emerging businesses.
Amazon’s Finance Technology is seeking a top notch professional to lead new product build and operational excellence initiatives. This role will utilize business operations analytics tools to identify key opportunities for efficiency gains and long-term problem resolution. This role will work closely with Accounting teams to develop new products and implement changes for the continuous improvement of Amazon’s FinTech systems and support processes.
You will use your technical and business acumen, working with global stakeholders to identify, define, and deliver scalable solutions that enable Amazon’s businesses.
- Leading operational excellence initiatives to improve the Financial Close.
- Leading new product development and implementations to improve reporting, allocations, and metadata management.
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver project scope
- Drive programs to completion across multiple organizations and teams
- Identifying new improvement opportunities by continuously 'diving deep' in support processes and leveraging your SQL querying expertise. Prioritizing and creating business cases for improvement opportunities
- Anchoring critical support process like period close, and system controls by defining and monitoring execution plans.
- Monitoring and reporting operational metrics
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Translate business requirements into technical specs.