Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Kindle entered the China marketplace in 2012 with the formal launch of the Kindle Store and has been on a strong growth path. It is now one of the largest and fastest growing regions for Amazon Kindle. We offer a series of eBook readers now in their fourth generation, that enable users to shop for, download, browse, and read eBooks, newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other digital media via wireless. Customers in China could purchase Kindle device on Amazon.cn, TMALL flagship store and thousands of retail stores across China. The Kindle eBook store in China provides approximately 500K eBook titles in Chinese and multiple foreign languages, Chinese customers can access the Kindle eBook store via Kindle device and Kindle Cross Platform reading App working on iOS, Android and MS.
CN Kindle Finance team is seeking a qualified candidate for a Senior Financial Analyst who is expected to be the finance partner working together with CN eBook team, to drive the long-term success of eBook business in China. This is a key position both within the Finance team and the eBook business team. This individual will be responsible for driving financial performance by providing insightful financial analysis for smart business decisions and establish the long term economic vision for Kindle content business.
This position will be based in Beijing and reports to CN Kindle Finance Controller. Responsibilities
· Partner with CN business team and global Finance team to drive periodical planning processes for CN Kindle content business.
· Lead the process of business goal setting and monthly tracking, being the owner of financial part in weekly/monthly business reviews, and lead the monthly CN eBook P&L reviews.
· Provide finance strategy/analysis/solution for business growth and cost down initiatives, and optimize P&L by proactively influencing and supporting business team’s decisions on title selection, traffic/merchandising, pricing/promotion, paid marketing, customer lifecycle behaviors, and vertical sales deals.
· Review and approve royalty payment/prepay, pricing and coupon promotions, operating expense, headcounts, marketing, and vendor COOP based on corporate expense and COGS guidelines.
· Partner with business leadership, and work with global finance, to provide transparency, predictability and accuracy of forecasts.
· Provide input into and/or implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance to Amazon accounting polices/practice.
· Champion of internal control in Kindle, POC of internal/external auditing.