The Human Centered Design (HCD) team (hcd.amazon.jobs) within Amazon’s Worldwide Operations and Customer Service is seeking an innovative, self-motivated Senior User Experience Designer to help drive new design initiatives and champion a variety of user experience improvements for global transportation initiatives. You will work collaboratively with researchers, design technologists, product managers, developers, content strategists, users, executives, and other designers--leading design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a multitude of interfaces. You will be responsible for designing the information architecture, usability, interaction flows, and creation of high fidelity mockups of new and existing mobile application and website experiences.
Amazon is building a world-class transportation operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of its customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services.
The ideal candidate will:
· Design v1 experiences while planning and strategizing for the direction of future iterations
· Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details
· Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
· Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, esthetically engaging, but which also produces results
· Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle
· Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards