Amazon seeks an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Amazon Devices team. Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of market-leading, innovative, and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses, including: Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablet, Fire TV, and Echo. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who wants to work in a start-up like environment and is passionate about hardware and digital experiences.
As a Sr. Finance Analyst in the Amazon Devices group, you will help define the business strategy for existing and future Amazon Fire Tablet products and applications. Job responsibilities will include working closely with WW business teams to create financial models that provide market and product intelligence support for key strategic decisions in a timely, accurate, and actionable manner. The Tablet product line is a key component for the successful Amazon Device business and this role will have ownership of all sales & marketing finance support and analysis. You work closely with our Sales and Marketing leaders in defining sales and profit maximizing strategies and help with the implementation of those.
The other main responsibility is to own WW Tablet P&L, prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L analysis, Risk and Opportunity analysis, and variance comments to shed insights into the business.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. The candidate must have rich knowledge in P&L analysis. Excellent communication skills are a must to develop and define key questions and to be able to communicate with business partners in a non-finance language.
This role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and good track record of influencing business partners. This role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing team to develop, analyze, and review annual sales plan, measure the return on promotion investment, and provide advice for business decisions
- Support business partners to improve product life time economics through initiatives and deep dive analyses
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L analysis, Risk and Opportunity analysis, and bridge comments to shed insights into the business
- Support Tablet Finance team in major reporting and budgeting processes, such as 3 year plan and operation plan
- Lead cross function team to collaborate on certain projects, such as inventory risk analysis and product end of life analysis, coordinate them, and provide solutions