Amazon seeks an experienced Sr. Finance Manager to lead our Worldwide Kindle Digital Content FP&A controller function with a team of 6. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most transformative businesses at Amazon. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders around the world. This individual will directly oversee a team in Seattle and partner with finance and senior leaders globally.
- Lead financial planning and forecasting, including developing and implementing standardized financial reports across multiple countries.
- Implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Long Term Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develop and report on weekly financial and operational performance metrics, including creation of KPIs
- Lead FP&A process, headcount tracking and goals processes for the business. Review existing processes and streamline for efficiency; set up tools and dashboards for leadership.
- Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments.
- Lead ad hoc analysis and new project evaluations, including structuring the problem, performing analysis, and presenting to senior executives.
- Lead and participate as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Controllership of monthly financial reporting and close