Alexa is the voice-based intelligence and personality powering Amazon Echo. Want to join a startup team building experiences for the hospitality channel?
Customers love the convenience of Alexa, and many hotels have chosen to add Echo to their rooms so customers can access Alexa when on the road.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that addresses customer and business needs. You will develop the strategy and vision for your area of ownership and provide input into the greater organizational direction that will have an immense impact on customers' interest in and engagement with Alexa. You will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on the strategy and vision you develop. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, legal, and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be analytical, able to thrive in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals