Have you ever wanted to work in the fast-paced environment of a startup that is utilizing technology to change the way things are done? This is the mission of the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Line Haul team. ATS Line Haul is bringing the Amazon scale, creativity, and game-changing culture to the line haul business. We are building a best in class Line Haul network that leverages multiple sources of capacity to perform at a high level so that we can deliver for our customers. This network leverages small, medium, and large enterprise carriers to solve for capacity to support the growth of Amazon’s business.
To enable us to build a best-in-class network, we require both data and business intelligence that enables us to perform short, mid, and long-term capacity planning, generate route plans that leverage internal and external demand in order to create consistent and reliable work for our Line Haul providers, real-time operational data to manage daily operations, and reliable data to manage cost. Core Responsibilities:
1. Leading the Data Engineering team for ATS Line Haul BI
2. Owner for ATS Line Haul Data Mart as well as the back-end datastore, our application for operational tools and dashboards.
3. Coaching fellow data engineers and ultimately raising the bar of data engineering excellence across the ATS Line Haul organization.
4. Insuring that data is capable of scaling to meet the analytical needs of the ATS Line Haul business.
5. Owning the execution of the data roadmap for ATS Line Haul
6. Leading the optimization of the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job related issues
7. Leading the tuning of application and query performance using Unix profiling tools, python and SQL
8. Leading the extraction and combining of data from various heterogeneous data sources
9. Leading the design, implementation and support of a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
10. Leading the modelling of data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates outsized business impact. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced team. It's a big ask, and we're excited to talk to those up to the challenge!