Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a manager for data scientists and language engineers, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our natural language understanding models and ranking models for Alexa. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Understand business requirements and map them to technical requirements
- Provide a plan for contextual data annotation, schema design, tooling, execution workflows
- Scale the workflows to other domains and languages
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases