At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute billions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Process Improvement leader / Master Black Belt (MBB) to join our World Wide Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) team – dedicated to global Amazon.com order Fulfillment Continuous Improvement. We work with people at all levels and across all processes in our growing network of state-of-the-art fulfillment centers.
This exciting role will require continually innovating and keeping your problem solving tools sharp! Amazon’s value proposition is a unique challenge for the process improvement professional because we strive to provide “Earth’s biggest product selection”, one of the fastest evolving operations technology and systems in industry, and historic sales and scale including sheer employee numbers.
In this MBB role, you will teach and mentor problem solving skills across the network championing the Amazon Continuous Improvement Cycle, developing the CI culture and putting robust self-service tools at the fingertips of everyone in the company. You will program manage critical, multi-million dollar cross-business process improvement projects by leveraging industry best practice and Amazon-specific tools and data structures. Lastly, you’ll work directly on breakthrough innovations to design and optimize our next generation of fulfillment centers – rolling up your sleeves and putting your practical, analytical, and graphical skills to work.
The MBB will possess expertise in:
- Developing Process Improvement methodology and tools in our peculiar Amazon environment, ready to evolve to react to business changes
- Managing projects through DMAIC style methodology, gate reviews, etc. covering a multiple simultaneous work streams.
- Mentoring in structured problem solving including lean principles, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, network simulation, modelling and optimization, and queueing / flow analysis.
- Driving concrete results – proactively engaging senior leaders to recommend process changes, and working within an ambiguous matrix organization
- Deep knowledge of distribution / Operations Management and end-to-end Supply Chain Management are desired.
You will own large Process Improvement initiatives and mentor teams of other leaders on projects spanning a wide array of strategically critical projects across North America, Europe and other regions. You will study, learn, and diagnose Amazon FC operational processes, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort. Working with cross functional teams, you will orchestrate comprehensive attack plans from an end- to- end perspective on targeted value streams. Additionally, you will contribute to the design and execution of Amazon’s continuous improvement architecture, supporting technical training and facilitation of ACES programs. In this way, you will also play an important role in the leadership development of our pipeline of talent.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation