Busan Cloud Innovation Center Program Manager - Amazon Web Services Korea
If you are passionate about improving the digital experiences for students and citizens globally and enabling digital transformation in the government, non-profit and education sectors through innovative application of cloud technologies, then please read on. Our global public sector customers are changing the way services are developed and delivered through secure, durable, agile, and scalable services operating on the AWS platform. AWS public sector Cloud Innovation Center (CIC pronounced “kick”) team is looking for technology savvy business leaders with backgrounds and experiences in operating a start-up co-working facility, business development, and marketing IT solutions to public sector customers.
The Program Manager will be representing Amazon Web Services in Busan, South Korea as the lead for managing and operating Busan Cloud Innovation Center reporting into Public Sector Country Leader for South Korea. The Program Manager will conduct business development activities, especially building start-up ecosystem. In addition, person will be point of contact person for deploying and localizing various AWS programs such as AWS Educate, AWS Academy, and AWS Activate. The Program Manager will also work closely with strategic government partner to drive and expand AWS cloud adoption.
We are seeking candidates that bring direct experience in business development, project management, and facility management. Ideally, a preferred candidate should have experience in operating a start-up co-working space, managing and localizing global programs, and developing long term business presence in Busan and Gyungsang Province, South Korea.
- Manage and Operate Busan Cloud Innovation Center as the representative of Amazon Web Services in Busan Vicinity.
- Deploy and facilitate Global AWS Programs in Busan Vicinity
- Provide basic programmatic and technical support to in-house start-ups inside Busan Cloud Innovation Center.
- Work with strategic partner institutional assets to identify and solve government/city challenges that can be addressed through cloud computing technology
- Serve as a key member of the AWS WWPS Korea Team to drive long term business priorities
- Execute the long term business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
- Ability to travel within South Korea every month for periods of one week or less at a time.