Amazon seeks a forward-thinking problem solver to join a newly created centralized enterprise risk management and compliance (ERMC) team. Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others. While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, this team ensures that an effective ERMC program is in place to validate each business has identified their regulatory responsibilities and established effective processes, controls and self-testing to understand current status of compliance and identify gaps. This team also assists in risk ranking and mitigation of gaps identified throughout the organization.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) work collaboratively across Amazon and its affiliates to "get things done" while embodying our core values. In this position the Technical Program Manager works with Amazon businesses to meet legal requirements for risk mitigation, screening, controls and compliance. The Technical Program Manager serves as SME regarding Amazon risk compliance architecture and works closely with different Amazon businesses to ensure and track the effectiveness of their implementation to comply with the various US and international sanction rules and regulations.
This TPM will get things done by executing the development, implementation and sustainability of the Sanctions and OFAC Program (“Program”) for all jurisdictions where Amazon operates. You will help determine the best plan based on customer needs, timeline and resource constraints. The ideal TPM thrives in a dynamic work environment and is able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects with ease.
Key responsibilities of the position are:
- Technical ownership of specific initiatives for this program.
- Translate legal requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers.
- Identify business and technical impacts of user requirements.
- Work with businesses and their respective business owners, project managers and technical teams to drive compliance requirements through implementation.
- Balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Tailor documentation and communication to tech and business management.
- Develop and track project schedules and action items.
- Identify risks and recommend mitigation approaches and identify issues while managing effective outcomes.
- Proactively reach out to businesses, Legal, and the larger risk community to offer support and assistance in compliance-related matters to ensure an open, adequate and effective risk management culture.
- Get into the details.