The Digital Products group is looking for an experienced and motivated Product Manager to join the Dash Replenishment team. The Dash Button and Dash Replenishment Service (DRS) is an innovative new hardware/service offering, developed as a collaboration between the Amazon device organization, the consumables retail business, and AWS. Our mission is to simplify shopping for customers starting with the items they replenish regularly.
In this role you will help grow the Dash Button program. You will help drive the business expansion strategy and product vision, with a high degree of ownership in critical features and user experiences. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with consumables retail, hardware and software engineering, device marketing, operations, finance and executive teams to develop and grow business and product opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products that customers love.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Be data-driven, with high judgment. Dash is a new product – this means there is a lot of room for experimentation and adaptation, but in these early days we lack all the data a more established product would have. We’re looking for someone who is data-driven and analytical in their approach, and yet also able to use sound judgment to make smart decisions in the absence of data.
- Be scrappy: The Dash team operates like a start-up – we’re moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We’re looking for people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and solve a variety of problems.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Define vision for product features that you own and gain buy-in from key stakeholders, such as leadership team, development, finance, and marketing.
- Develop core product management documentation, including user scenarios, detailed business requirements, and metrics of success for your product initiatives
- Understand business holistically to ensure the correct prioritization and trade-offs are made on the product roadmap
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Work with finance and marketing to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting as needed
- Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon
- Own the entire lifecycle of products from requirements definition through integration, launch, and post launch analysis