Are you interested in hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
You now have an opportunity to join Amazon Aurora team. - we have an opening for a Customer Success Leader. Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Aurora Customer Success team is continually innovating, developing, and maintaining critical support related tools and services designed to ultimately improve our customers’ experience with our industry leading service. In addition, we provide second level technical support to a wide range of external customers. We are seeking a Senior Manager of Customer Success with strong operational, leadership, customer, project management and technical skills to lead a team of database engineers, system engineers, and support engineers responsible for relentlessly driving to improve the experience for Aurora customers in both pre and post sales environments. As Senior Manager of Customer Expereince, you’ll work very closely with the Aurora control and data plane development teams, solution architects, and our first level support organization, build relationships and operational processes, and represent the voice of our customers within the Aurora team.
You and your team will:
· Run POCs and facilitate customer on-boarding
- Advise and help customers migrate from commercial databases
· Handle complex post sales customer escalations
· Perform competitive performance benchmarking
· Build automation and tooling for problem determination
· Design and develop code and tools for all engineers in the Aurora organization to use to produce better code faster and safer
· Design, develop, deploy and maintain the operations and capacity consoles which operate and monitor the fleet
· Onboard and certify new engine versions, new instance types, new operating systems
· Maintain metrics for all of the above work, set goals for the next stages of the work and justify both current and future resources and directions with executive management regular
· Hire and develop a multi-level team of managers and engineers
· Work with some of the leading technologists around the world