The Central Flow Lead is responsible for managing workflow of outbound department of multiple FCs from a remote centralized location with limited management oversight based out of Tempe, Arizona. Key areas of responsibilities would include managing the workflow of outbound orders across multiple process and managing customer experience while minimizing fulfillment cost across multiple FCs. The lead would be responsible for communication of workflow status with Operations Managers and Area managers and any escalation of any Customer Experience Risks, SLA failure risks or deviation from Standard Work to the Sr. Managers and General Manager. The lead is expected to play the role of an advisor to the operations team based on his holistic view of the outbound flow and facilitate communication between multiple areas of outbound operations.
The Central Flow Lead is expected to provide operational insights to the Amazon Fulfillment Technology team and work with them to develop advanced and intuitive automated flow control for outbound operations. Essential Responsibilities
· Understand Outbound Shift Planning
· Understand Technical Details of FC Systems
· Ability to grasp the operational concepts of flow settings for FC picking systems that include flow pick and batchy pick paths for multiple FCs with different volume and demand patterns.
· Understanding of the boundary of responsibilities between Operations on the floor and Central flow as dictated by Standard Work developed by Central Flow Management.
· Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues. Escalate to management, facilities.
· Communicate Customer Shipment Risk and performance opportunities to FC operations in a standardized manner.
· Ability to track and report system performance through various equipment performance monitoring software platforms.
· Help AFT team to Develop Automated Flow tools
· Ability to advise and teach the basic flow standards to the new managers through communications and advise them on standard flow settings thus speeding the learning curves of new managers.
· Ability to teach and advise new flow leads as we on board new candidates to the central flow center.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation