“Alexa, find me a great prototyper!”
UX Design Technologists at Amazon combine UX Design and engineering expertise into a single discipline, and are able to develop, prototype, and test innovative UI solutions that push the envelope on front-end engineering and inspire development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas.
The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) Tech team is seeking a UX Design Technologist to provide creative and technical expertise within the UX Design practice. In this role you will use a variety of tools and technologies to prototype new ways of building great voice and multimodal experiences for interacting with Alexa-powered devices. You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working samples and reference code, throughout the design process. You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. When possible, you are able to deliver code on the platform upon which the experience will ship, and you know when doing so is not necessary or practical. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the delivery platform, and are able to identify opportunities and work creatively within the constraints it imposes.
You will work within a growing, highly capable team of designers, product managers, and engineers, iterating on concepts that start and end with developers and customers. You will help design, implement, and refine prototypes that inspire action around the results. Responsibilities
· Actively participate in concept development and design iteration as part of product teams.
· Rapidly build and iterate on appropriate-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
· Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
· Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
· Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
· Lead large, wide impact DT projects. Examples could include a specific tool or feature that crosses many disparate areas of the site or product line.
· Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity
· Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process
· Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
· Effectively present and explain your prototype and choices behind it