Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team and the need for an experienced Salesforce.com (SFDC) Business Analyst to help us define and implement enhancements to existing or new capabilities/functionality for our business customers. You will own the relationship with our business owners to ensure their requirements are clearly captured, documented and communicated utilizing existing agile and waterfall processes. As part of the AWS Global Business Operations (GBO) team you will work globally with business groups at all levels to understand strategy, requirements and timelines, and map those to CRM platform objectives. The primary tasks are understanding business needs for knowledge delivery, translating them into user stories, assessing and analyzing problem domain using available data and information, proposing and documenting solutions, testing final product against original requirements, and helping with rollout and change management efforts.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints. They will have superb communication skills and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. They will deal with ambiguous problems, work with Project Managers and/or Developers on finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
AWS is home to the largest Salesforce.com instance at Amazon. We use the collective experience of our rapidly growing SFDC team to solve challenging problems. Of course we use the Sales and Marketing Clouds, but we are also building custom solutions for business development, operations, partners, contracts, and a lot more. Come help us build with the world’s leading CRM at one of the world’s largest companies, where every day is still day one.
• Requirements – Coordinate the collection of business requirements, user acceptance test (UAT) plans and use cases
• Deliver technology solutions – partner and consult with the business to identify and define business requirements and to initiate and prioritize enhancement, gap analysis, and prepare user stories
• Develop support model – provide production support for business owned rules, processes, and maintain them
• Subject matter expert – develop deep knowledge of the AWS GBO Salesforce platform and how it supports downstream/upstream systems utilized by AWS, advise the business on best practices and requirements for optimizing the use of these systems
• Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
• Manage a release process to test, validate and implement new applications/code, and updates to existing applications/code that support key business groups
• Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to Salesforce
• Hands on SFDC configuration and data migration experience to execute on projects