Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking an experienced team manager to develop and manage Data Associates focused on language annotation to support our speech and language technology programs. The Team Manager will lead throughput execution in Boston (Cambridge) and partner closely with data engineering teams to deliver on various language data requests. S/he will become an expert in language data annotation processes, support and train a team of Data Associates, and ensure that accuracy and quality standards are maintained week over week.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and coaching & developing others. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
- Manage job assignment of data requests for up to 25 data associates on a day-to-day basis, monitoring performance on job, volume, and quality
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work across various workflows (annotation, grammar development, workflow verification, etc.) and/or navigating competing delivery priorities
- Liaise with Boston-based and global Program Managers to surface risks & propose mitigation strategies for meeting SLA deadlines
- Track quality and utilization metrics
- File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity
- Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to up to 25 Data Associates (direct reports)
- Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean