Account Manager – North America
Amazon’s third-party marketplace business is outpacing the growth of the Retail business and now represents over 40% of all units sold. The Strategic Account Management (SAM) team is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding selection on the platform and improving retention amongst the existing Seller base, particularly among the largest Sellers in the US Marketplace. This team create innovative ways to identify new selection, merchandising, and operational improvement opportunities through partnership with internal stakeholders such as Fulfillment by Amazon, Amazon Selling Coach, Sponsored Products, etc. and improving our overall knowledge of how to succeed as a Seller on Amazon Marketplaces.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to help shape the future of Strategic Account Management program. The role is focused on driving success for some of the most influential Sellers in the US Marketplace and leverage key learning/feedback to improve the Amazon platform that will benefit all Sellers. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting Seller business performance and provide the Voice of the Seller as an input into product development and process improvement.
- Analyze territory trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements.
- Define the territory, opportunities and goals (Input/Output) within the portfolio of accounts.
- Identify key business opportunities for the territory and manage toward a growth plan.
- Implement account management best practices and SOPs into the business development framework.
- Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of large Sellers in an ever-changing business environment.
- Partner with external teams including Category Management (CMMs), Merchant Technology, and Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing seller base.