We hire data center operations interns into our data center engineering operation teams.Our interns Scope of work includes work to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. The intern will be given exposure to the team that works to ensure the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems. Responsibilities
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
· Work on-call and a rotating schedule when required.
· Able to work approximately 29 hours per week.
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment and inspect buildings, grounds, and all equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning operation.
· Operate and manage maintenance of life/safety, mechanical, electrical and automation systems.
· Interact with internal partners and contractors supporting IT and building architecture, facilities maintenance, and Business Unit leads to support business objectives.
· Supervise contractors who perform service or preventive maintenance.
· Perform limited maintenance tasks to include: filter changes, battery system PMs, and Rack PDU & Rack ATS replacements.
· Perform first level trouble-shooting for facility and rack level events while maintaining SLA.
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
· Use Trouble Ticket system to manage workflow and Change Management system to manage risk for body of work being performed.
· Develop and maintain Method of Procedures for the maintenance/installation/decommissioning of all facilities equipment within the Data Center.
· Other duties as assigned.