The Finance Technology team at Amazon is looking for a Data Engineer to play a key role in building their industry leading Financial Data Warehouses. If you have experience in building and maintaining very large data warehouses with high transaction volumes then we need you!!!
The Data Engineer should be an expert familiar with all of the data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, Data Model), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing overall architecture and high level design. The candidate must have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, Datamarts in Traditional Data Warehouses as well as in Big Data / Advanced Analytics domains. The individual is expected to bring a methodology and lead the framework development for the next generation data warehouse by designing an efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings and also will be working extensively on building big data environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with a diverse team. The candidate will also lead a small technical teams or participate in close customer interactions while having an influencing role, and be accountable for deliverables. Ability to create and manage work plans, timelines and accommodate multiple priorities is required. Job Responsibilities
- Applies broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Meets and collaborates with business users on requirements, objectives and measures.
- Designs the technology infrastructure across all technical environments
- Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Designs and plans for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- Supervises the technical implementation of the data warehouse and oversees hardware/ software configuration
- Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to the project manager
- Reviews technical work of other team members
- Reviews and participate in testing of the data design, tool design, data extracts/transforms, networks and hardware selections
- Develops the implementation and operation support plans