Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Amazon Alexa Voice Services (AVS) team is looking for experienced SDET, you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter by making Alexa Integration easier. As a member of the team you will be responsible for the design, development and launch of new Test capabilities. We are growing this new team and are looking for talented engineers.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. An individual that has the wisdom and know how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Integrate with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool-sets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams