Passionate about Big Data and large scale distributed systems?
We are looking for a dynamic software engineering leader to develop high scale data processing infrastructure for Amazon's rapidly growing advertising business.
Measurement and Data Science develops high performance, petabyte-scale distributed systems utilizing big data and streaming technologies to report and optimize advertising. We also develop the machine learning algorithm for the display advertising business. Our innovative engineers and machine learning scientists sit at the intersection of two vast data sources - leveraging e-commerce data to optimize advertising and measuring advertising impact on e-commerce. Our systems process billions of ad impressions daily from across the internet and Amazon site interactions. Given the scale, we frequently invent our own computing paradigms to power all of Amazon’s advertising reporting and our display advertising algorithms for optimal audience targeting, real time ad ranking and bidding, and automated campaign optimization.
The open roles will focus on our warehousing and computing infrastructure which employs a distributed SQL paradigm invented within our team and a common computing and orchestration backbone in EMR and Hadoop. This is some of the highest scale infrastructure at Amazon and requires technically deep software development managers who learn quickly and are passionate about software development. Major responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Hire and develop top-performing engineers
- Develop and execute on project plans and delivery commitments
- Work with business leaders to help define product requirements and with engineers to execute on them
- Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables