Are you inspired by the prospect of developing cutting-edge experiences with the potential to transform the future of reading? Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior UX Manager to help Kindle create great reading experiences in Kindle books.
The Kindle family of reading apps are top-10 most-downloaded and top-rated on all major platforms. The Kindle Design team is seeking a talented and passionate Senior UX Manager to work on Amazon's family of reading applications for phones, tablets, desktop and online. This role will be responsible for leading the team whop is designing and directing the creation of UI, info architecture, interaction designs, and visual design of new and existing in-content experiences for Kindle apps on iOS, Android, Mac, PC and Web.
- Mentor, supervise and lead a team of UX designers, information architects and prototypers as they create best-in-class customer experiences for the Kindle app.
- Analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Provide creative leadership and innovation in the area of book discovery and engagement across a range of platforms and devices while maintaining the right level of cross-platform cohesion and consistence
- Consider market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and user research findings and drive data-driven decision making in your team and your colleagues in other disciplines
- Work closely with the Product Management teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Regularly present to Kindle leadership.