Senior Financial Analyst, Consumer Electronics Job Summary
At Amazon, Finance has the unique challenge of stewarding and bolstering tremendous business growth through applying financial acumen, objectivity and leadership. From Retail to Merchant Service to new businesses still in development, Finance drives direct impact by being a hand-in-hand business partner in measuring and executing on our long term strategy to invent on behalf of our customers. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. The challenges we tackle span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon CN is looking for a talented and senior financial analyst to support our Retail business. The SFA is expected to provide analytical horsepower in identifying growth opportunities, execute controllership and reporting for their businesses, and perform data-intensive analyses, all to drive meaningful changes and improvement to the way we serve our customers. Main Responsibilities:
- Closely partner with Retail team to provide financial analysis for annual business plans and update monthly rolling forecast based on solid business inputs and assumptions, evaluate and quantify new business ideas, conduct strong controllership on day-to-day basis and deep dive on variances to identify root causes.
- Closely work with the Account Management team to establish the relevant forecasting and planning process.
- Develop financial and business matrices to measure performance of business.
- Drive proper justification and follow-up actions to address performance gaps.
- Drive profitability analysis on product line level and identify improvement opportunities; perform financial analysis to drive decisions, e.g. fee adjustments, new features, promotions, etc.
- Closely work with Product Category, Tax, Accounting, and Systems teams, as well as with the Sales and Onboarding teams to set and maintain the recruiting and selection targets.