Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a senior software development engineer to help us deliver the future of software control systems at the core of our global network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about autonomous software systems that transform the way networks are built and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services. You're happiest when you're working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and…
· Do what nobody else in the world is doing… literally
· Gain world class knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet
· Define and design the next generation of Amazon’s Software Defined Network
· Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous controller services that observe the state of the network, make active decisions to optimize traffic based on programmable business logic
· Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the global network and Internet
· Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operations
· Gain practical experience building incredible software using Amazon Web Services.