The Amazon Devices team designs and develops high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle/Echo families of products. We are looking for an experienced and innovative Field Quality Engineering Manager. This is a unique team responsible for testing Amazon devices in the real world, identifying wireless connectivity issues, verifying fixes, and providing support for back-end services. In addition, you will have opportunities to work on a variety of cutting-edge technologies and innovative products, develop automation tools and enhance processes. Our coverage is global, and you will collaborate with other international teams on many unique and challenging projects and programs.
You should have experience managing a testing team and be knowledgeable in software test methodology and wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, 3G/LTE, GSM, etc. Primary Responsibilities
- Manage, train, hire and develop a field quality engineering team.
- Ensure regional testing efforts are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Supervise field test execution and provide status reports to senior leadership and other engineering teams.
- Interface with regional wireless carrier partners to manage incident resolution.
- Analyze issues and make recommendations to improve productivity.
- Manage communication between field test and engineering teams.