Job Description: Employee Relations Manager (ERM):
This position requires an individual who has significant employee and labor relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects. The position supports Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The central objective of Amazon’s employee relations team is to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of our core business values and objectives. To support that objective, this position’s responsibilities fall into proactive and reactive categories. The individual will work as a project manager on proactive programs that improve local and network employee relations. The individual, for example, will work proactively to:
- Partner with business leaders and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices
- Design and conduct multiple positive labor relations trainings and communications
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
- Conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability assessment programs
- Partner to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time, such as conducting workplace investigations and advising on challenging employee situations. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to the Sr. Manager of Employee Relations within AWS. The positon will be based in Seattle and is a full-time position that will likely require travel, up to 30% of the time over the course of the year.