The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies.
Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
The mission of the Amazon Search team is to help customers efficiently find anything they are looking for in our vast selections of products and services. This charter requires us to build solutions that go beyond lexical matching and semantically understand the intent of the customer. Helping customers succeed in their mission helps us to earn trust and win their loyalty. This is a exciting opportunity that lies at the intersection of innovative research, a lucrative business opportunity, and tremendous learning. The ideal candidate will have experience building and deploying ML and/or NLP models and systems at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor (in engineering and applied sciences), creativity, and great judgment.
In this role, you will...
- Build and train machine learning and/or natural language processing models, measure, report and compare the performance with baselines.
- Propose and validate hypothesis to direct our business and product road map.
- Work with engineer, across teams, to make low latency model predictions and scale the throughput of the system.
- Focus on identifying and solving customer problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- Take complete ownership of the problem, and collaborate/mentor with your peers to deliver the right technical solution and business outcomes.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.