Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence. AWS adheres to multiple compliance frameworks by strategically implementing new IT processes and product security features to accommodate the requirements and to expand our global customer base. AWS is looking for an AWS Security Assurance analyst with a security, risk, and compliance background to be part of a process improvement team. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, the candidate is a key liaison with AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, AWS Security, and related Amazon corporate teams. This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to understand IT processes and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams. Key Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Improve program documentation, identify enhancement opportunities, coordinate improvement efforts, and monitor process improvement effectiveness.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place supporting all compliance programs.
- Assist with linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management.
- Drive process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the service teams. This includes execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
- Analyze control readiness for audit and/or certification. Assist in documenting and communicating control environment operation, improvement priorities, and design effectiveness.