Want to be part of the next big thing? Join the organization that launched the first-ever Amazon physical retail store, Amazon books. We have broken out of the online mold, stepping out into physical retail with a magical user experience providing the opportunity to physically interact with Amazonians, amazon devices, and a professionally curated book selection all in a local store.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Tech manager to join the Amazon Books TechOps team. This role will manage the Tech Launch and Demo Device teams and programs. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, technical, and operational planning skills to lead a high-performance team. If you like ownership and want to influence change, this is the role for you. You work directly with engineering and business teams to provide the one-of-a-kind customer experience that is Amazon Books. You will drive a team behavior of continuous process improvement and working in cohesion.
The role will be responsible for technology systems and demo devices for the retail locations. Activities include procurement, assembly, configuration, and installation of the systems and devices for each location. Technology systems include custom Point of Sales, Price Check, and Associate Tools. The candidate should have experience with networking, software, and hardware systems in order to be successful in the roll.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Foster a culture of continuous operational and engineering improvement
· Manage a team of direct reports responsible for store setup of technology systems and demo devices
· Build a high-performance team that moves quickly
· Vendor management activities
· Oversee Tech inventory/Procurement activities
· Partner with engineering teams on system design, maintenance, and improvements for in-house technology solutions
· Status Reporting to include- Operational excellence, metrics, store build-out status, etc.
· Drive process improvement across the local team, business, and the network of stores
· Create and document cost reduction initiatives
· KPI creation
· Finance tracking/Budget Allocation for team activities