Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go
. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective HW Development area. This critical role will manage the business relationship with our key suppliers to ensure our supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support our production requirements.
- Develop a HW product technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL for commodity and custom components managing supplier selection, qualification and contract negotiation
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and business objectives.
- Work closely with Electrical Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements
- Interface with Planning, Marketing, Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development , cost and quality improvements
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.