Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Do you want to be part of world’s most customer centric company and its’ leading brand of cloud services? Do you have the ability to work through complexity and develop new programs for customers? Do you excel in cross team coordination and building consensus around approaches? If the answer is yes to all, this is a perfect role for you.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently looking for a world class seasoned senior leader to support our global growth with increasing adoption of our marketplace solution as an integral part of AWS platform. As a part of Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Capture & Business Desk Team, your responsibilities as an individual contributor will include working with the internal AWS Public Sector team to develop and maintain a multi-year pipeline of AWS marketplace opportunities across public sector. You will develop and oversee implementation of bid strategies, proposal approaches and technical solutions, and help with written proposals for RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAA (i.e., RFx) for customers and APN partners. You will work closely with and support the AWS Market Place team to identify research requirements and coordinate development of requirements. You will engage directly with customers, field sales teams, and partners to shape and identify opportunities for marketplace solution and help our customers and partners succeed with the AWS commercial cloud. You will operate in both strategic and tactical capacities and work to programmatize Amazon’s market place opportunities across WW Public Sector. You will scale the capture acumen within the sales culture to include improved RFx responses, pre-RFx customer education and shaping, and even unsolicited proposal initiatives.
Duties will include:
- As an active partner to the AWS Marketplace Team, establish and co-own the program business development strategy, methodology, program framework, delivery timeline and regular reporting.
- Coupled with solid understanding of cloud economic and AWS value propositions, partner with AWS Marketplace, Public Sector Sales/Services/Capture/Business Desk Teams in developing new standard/repeatable/scalable programs driving incremental customers and partner adoption of Marketplace solutions.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team identifying and responding to RFx opportunities.
- As an active advocate of AWS Marketplace Team, help create and deliver regular training/update on Marketplace solution and “how to” for Sales/Capture/Services Teams.
- Be a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, ROI/TCO analyses, technical discriminators, innovative business solutions and strategies, and pricing.
- Provide AWS Marketplace management with analytics and metrics-based reporting.
- Prepare and lead business reviews for AWS management team.
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong leadership, communication, and persuasion skills.
- The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the proven ability to:
· Develop new ideas and creative solutions.
· Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
· Meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
· Work on cross-functional teams.
· Focus on customers and work backwards.
· Create detailed financial models and performance self-directed analysis.