If you are excited about solving challenging problems, obsess over the development of excellent customer experiences, and seek a rewarding data science position in a dynamic company, look no further. We are seeking a smart, self-directed Senior Applied Scientist to help us build the next generation of digital marketing technology. As part of our team, you will develop and apply rigorous mathematical and statistical models to semi-structured web data, formulate and test hypotheses, and deliver web analytics and other data-derived services to be used by millions of digital marketers, web publishers, and investors worldwide.
Alexa.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a globally recognized leader in web analytics, audience and digital behavioral analytics, and competitive intelligence. We have been gathering and analyzing data from online sources for over 20 years, with terabytes of archived crawl data, a data-contributing panel of millions of users in countries around the world, and millions of unique website visitors each month. This position provides the qualified candidate with an opportunity to join our smart, motivated team and to directly impact our business.
- Develop novel modeling techniques for pattern recognition, prediction, classification, and other complex data science problems
- Write high quality code and contribute to our codebase of scientific applications using relevant technologies
- Build well-iterated models or analyses which reduce noise and maximize performance and accuracy
- Contribute to strategic planning and project management for a variety of technical initiatives
- Effectively communicate with customers, senior management, and colleagues with diverse roles and technical backgrounds
- Document methodologies and increase our institutional knowledge based on experimental results and operationalized solutions