AWS Networking Analytics and Metrics analyzes one of the largest networking infrastructures in the world. We are responsible for understanding how to operate the network reliably and at scale. We have a direct impact on making sure engineering operations run smoothly by monitoring network performance. We provide key inputs to network and systems architecture by developing innovative ways to model how the network works and grows. We work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to ensure that advanced quantitative modeling always results in actionable and scalable solutions. Network Analytics and Metrics owns each problem end-to-end.
Amazon Web Services is looking for smart candidates that can extract value from untapped data. We are looking for candidates with a passion for data, unfettered curiosity and a demonstrated ability to dive deep. Amazon’s complex and rapidly growing network generates a constant stream of challenges that requires you to continually innovate with an evolving set technologies. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with a broad range of data structures. It is essential that they understand the systems that generate data and a focus on automating analyses.
As a team we proactively support knowledge-sharing and as leaders of data science at AWS, we embrace opportunities to teach company-wide. Since every business at Amazon relies on a network that runs smoothly, the right candidate will guide the business and communicate value, work collaboratively to develop pragmatic yet flexible solutions and move forward in the face ambiguity. The candidate should be willing to build good working relationships with partners with data problems within the team and across AWS. Key Responsibilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
- Identify, extract, and transform both structured and unstructured data collect from internal tools and systems
- Promote best practices in creating data structures and presentation models
- Communicate with customers to ensure data is actionable and correctly understood
- Communicate with software teams and tool developers to expand and improve data collection
- Work with AWS leadership to present key findings from analyses to stakeholders
- Provide input on how best to measure impact and progress of ongoing efforts or emergent issues
for more information