Are you a QA specialist or quality-minded engineer who's up for a challenge?
The People Technology team acts as Amazon's circulatory system: we gather and pump employee data to and from myriad services and sources, data that must flow seamlessly to support the employment of hundreds of thousands of Amazon workers around the globe. We integrate HR, Payroll, Recruiting, and Timekeeping, interfacing with over two hundred systems.
As Amazon expands and grows, People Tech systems are getting more complex; consistent quality is essential. The Quality Assurance Engineer we're hiring will tackle and solve test problems of optimization, performance, and scalability. Technologies we're testing range from 3rd-party ERP to middleware to front-end UI.
Do you want to write code, as well as test it? The opportunities for automation are abundant and varied, from with scenario-based data generation to Java/Selenium UI validation to API and load test solutions. Are you a specialist in process? Join us as we evolve our deployment and validation cycles toward continuous deployment, and ensure that all brand-new systems are CD from the ground up. Show us what you've got by working with PM and Dev roles to streamline process, from requirements intake through final validation and user acceptance. Do you want a chance to Think Big? You'll be able to engage with multiple internal teams as we create seamless, reusable, trustworthy employee data integrations. Be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees and recruiters all over the globe.
Core responsibilities will include:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Owning the role of Software Quality in project deliveries: from requirements analysis through test plan creation and execution.
- Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable metrics.
- Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software test and delivery processes.
- Collaborating with dev and automation teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for hands-free software validation... and contributing to their implementation.
- Mentor junior engineers, so they can become as good as you are.