Can you write copy that crisply conveys business-value propositions? Do you enjoy polishing prose? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how cloud technologies can revolutionize their businesses? Are you a technologist who is as comfortable working with engineering teams as with creative agencies?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Strategic Communications team is looking for a talented, dynamic, self-directed principal writer to help us communicate the technical capabilities of the AWS platform. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and creative thinker with a passion for technology and who can lead marketing and PR efforts across AWS to deliver topnotch written material, and create standard-setting content that will advance the thought leadership position of AWS worldwide.
You must have meticulous attention to detail, a collaborative working style, and relish the numerous and nitty-gritty revision cycles of executive-level copy craft. You should also be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in terms that make sense to customers, press, and the public. Technical apptitude is required.
Be ready to show us that you can absorbe a highly technical topic quickly and distill it into compelling ideas for a lay audience. Also be prepared to demonstrate your ability to edit the writing of others and tune it to the intended audience.
At Amazon we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history,”and we're always looking for people who are fun to work with and who demonstrate a positive, creative approach to problem-solving. If all of this sounds like you, please apply!
In this role, you will...
- Become fluent in AWS’s communication style, tone, and voice
- Influence and and maintain global, organization-wide consistency for written communications and presentations
- Serve as Editor in Chief and bar raiser for writing quality in marketing and PR messaging documents (reviewing, editing, and quality checking)
- Research and write top-notch messaging documents and executive talking points
- Translate technical concepts into prose that will engage customers
- Understand our various audiences and tune content to their needs and perspectives
- Mentor PR and marketing managers to improve their written products
Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology in the last 20 years. Amazon Web Services is a pioneer and leader in the fast-growing field of cloud computing. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to craft our most prominent messaging.