Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s finance team is searching for bar-raising financial accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
Amazon seeks a Senior Accounting Manager to become a leading contributor to its Technical Accounting Policy team. This person will be a subject matter expert in SEC reporting and prolific in the application of U.S. GAAP. This person will be responsible for researching, documenting and implementing SEC staff positions and U.S. GAAP and IFRS pronouncements.
This is a strategic role for the global accounting organization, operating in a high growth environment and will require someone with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functional and international teams to understand business transactions and to form well-reasoned accounting judgments and reporting conclusions.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage a variety of high-priority responsibilities. Candidate must demonstrate strong project management skills and have high regard for customer satisfaction. A person with business acumen, curiosity and ability to influence will enjoy the wide aspects of this role.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as subject matter expert with respect to technical accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and communicate the nature of accounting issues with stakeholders throughout the Company.
- Research accounting literature and apply technical standards to complex business issues and transactions.
- Prepare technical accounting memos to support the Company’s application of accounting principles to specific and non-recurring transactions.
- Monitor the activities of the SEC, FASB and IASB to assess any consequence to the Company’s accounting and reporting policies.
- Prepare and/or revise global accounting policies and procedures to reflect new accounting pronouncements or guidance, to improve clarity or to respond to changing business circumstances.
- Ability to easily move between summary and detailed levels of work and discussions