Want to make database history? Ready for a new experience? Come and join the team that is building the fastest growing AWS NoSQL services. We are currently developing innovative new services, and we’re looking for top engineers and managers to build them from the ground up.
In this role you will start out leading a service end to end. This will entail deep distributed systems work but also multi-site org building.
In the larger scope of the role, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional database services were built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
You will manage a team of SDMs and engineers and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a manager of software development in AWS, you will part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within Database Services team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact. Position Responsibilities:
- Hire, mentor and lead a database software development team.
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
- Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
Please email our Sr. Leadership Recruiter, Chris Eckhaus email@example.com if you have any questions.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com