Amazon is looking for an International Tax Manager that will be responsible for Mexico´s technical tax research, planning and consulting, supervise tax compliance and assisting with project implementation for Mexico and Latin America.
Primary duties include:
- Perform Tax Planning/Consulting activities to support the Global team responsible for accounting, corporate and intercompany transactions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of tax laws and current developments to identify potential impacts on the Amazon business. Monitor industry positions relevant to Amazon’s Mexico business operations.
· Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities.
· Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications in Mexico and Latin America jurisdictions of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to advise management on the tax implications.
· Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies.
· Draft tax requirements and guidelines for new product launches.
·Review and research international tax questions for tax planning/consulting, tax accounting and tax compliance purposes.
· Supervise tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations
· Work with tax technology and IT teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and assist with implementation.
· Developing, implementing and documenting tax compliance process improvements.
· Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors for the provision of technical memos.
· Provide assistance to local tax audits and controversy matters.
· Review financial data for proper application of tax laws and transfer pricing.