Amazon is looking for an International Tax Manager based in Mexico City. This position is responsible for Mexico technical tax research, planning, supervise tax compliance and assisting with project implementation. This position reports to a Sr Manager in Mexico.
Primary duties include:
· Providing support to the global accounting team responsible for accounting for corporate and intercompany transactions.
· Work with tax technology and IT teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and assist with implementation.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of tax laws and current developments to identify potential impacts on the Amazon business. Monitor industry positions relevant to Amazon’s Mexico business operations.
· Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities.
· Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications in Mexico of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to advise management on the tax implications.
· Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies.
·Review and research international tax questions for tax planning, tax accounting and tax compliance purposes.
· Supervise tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations;
· Developing, implementing and documenting tax compliance process improvements.
· Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors for the provision of technical memos.
· Draft tax requirements and guidelines for new product launches;
· Provide assistance to local tax audits and controversy matters.
· Review financial data for proper application of tax laws and transfer pricing.