The Zappos Family of Companies, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a leader in online apparel and footwear sales by striving to provide shoppers the best possible service and selection. We carry millions of products from over 1000 footwear and apparel brands. Established in 1999, we are located in Las Vegas, NV and have approximately 1,500 Zapponians, but continual growth makes that number ever-increasing.
We've been asked by a lot of people how we've grown so quickly, and the answer is actually really simple...we've aligned the entire organization around one mission: to provide the best customer service possible. Internally, we call this our WOW philosophy. And, we believe that it’s our unique, “fun and a little weird” culture that drives the WOW.
The position offers an opportunity to apply the frontier of econometrics to risk measurement, monitoring, and mitigation in the rich and evolving automated lending space. This thought leader will build econometric models, using world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment and the role is based in Las Vegas! What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Develops set of models and analysis related to an entire application
- Finds solutions for ambiguous problems
- Identifies and determines main data sets to be used for the given problem
- Develops advanced experimental design and methodologies
- Builds scalable and reliable approaches to extract the best performance or information possible from the data
- Identifies business opportunities and defines the problem and the roadmap to solve it
- Develops creative and elegant solutions for business problems that may span multiple applications
- Brings a department or company-wide perspective to decision making
- Conceives, proposes and sells new ideas, strategies and products based on data mining and research techniques
- Guides the implementation to a final product considering market condition and system architecture
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Familiar with standard techniques for solving a wide range of problems in areas adjacent to the economist’s area of specialty
- Can develop completely new scientific methods that are especially well suited to a concrete business problem in the economist’s area of specialty (innovation)
- Requires a PhD in Economics or highly related finance field
- Expert in the management, manipulation, and analysis of very large datasets.
- Ability to build econometric tools that can be applied in automated systems in collaboration with engineers.
- Advanced analytical and technical leadership capabilities with standard-setting economic modeling skills
- Skilled at defining and developing new analysis methodologies and specialized applications to generate analysis
- Skilled at all stages of the analysis process
- Strong strategic and tactical business understanding (ROI, cost benefit analysis skills)