Amazon Mexico is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to develop robust transportation network capabilities in Mexico. The role requires working with internal and external stake-holders to design, plan, implement and execute inbound and outbound transportation network required to accelerate business growth.
The position will be responsible for exploring strategic and tactical scenarios, designing solutions, developing business cases to be presented to Amazon Senior Leadership, managing projects from concept to production. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with internal and external resources to identify cost-effective and service-enhanced scenarios in line with business strategy, leading complex cross-functional analysis, engaging Amazon Operation teams to secure the required modeling power, removing road-blocks and liaising with the Leadership team as required, developing solid internal networks with Operations, Retail and external relationships to build and implement optimal solutions. Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Leader: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
- Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
- Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Define transportation requirements for fulfillment solutions offered by Amazon
- Identify transportation providers able to meet requirements for performance (speed and reliability), capacity and cost.
- Contribute to defining and executing negotiation strategy.
- Project manage technical integration and launch planning and execution.
- Manage business operations and performance reviews of launched transportation providers
- Identify and pursue opportunities to add new services and features to improve the Customer and Seller experience and growth Prime selection.
- Own weekly and monthly reporting on the state of the initiatives and programs you own. Utilize metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns
- Execute business wide initiatives – define project plans, assemble resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with product rollout and ongoing support.
- Participate and contribute to strategic and annual business planning
- Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with North America and Mexico stakeholders in Retail and Transportation.