Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Product Development Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for the mechanical design, development, and quality of consumer electronic products. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. In the role, you will wear many hats in working on the system design down to quick turn prototypes, manufacturing production process, testing, and quality control. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
You will work in a small PD team to create a new experience and work with the team at large to ensure a functional and beautiful product. To be successful you need to be highly motivated, understand how to solve problems and dive deep while delivering to the highest standards.
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments. In this role, you will:
- Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
- Feature design and testing to meet program objective
- Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
- Provide detailed part design and product documentation
- Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
- Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
- Provide cross-functional program integration support to ensure team success
- Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
- Mentor junior engineers in good product design practice